If you are a Firefox user working with a designer who is making changes to your website, but you aren't able to see the changes they have made, then your browser might be showing you the cashed version of the website. You can use Ctrl + F5 to force Firefox to download the latest files. Just hold down the Control Key and press the F5 key (or click the refresh button).
If you want Firefox to always download the latest files then you can change the doc frequency setting like this:
- type this into the address bar: about:config
- you will see a long list of settings with a "Search" bar at the top of the page
- type this into the Search: browser.cache.check_doc_frequency
- double click on the browser.cache.check_doc_frequency line to edit it
- change the value to: 1
- press OK to save the change
That's it. Now the latest files and images will be download every time you request a page. You and your designer will finally be on the same page.
more info about the possible browser.cache.check_doc_frequency settings:
3 - only check if it seems outdated
2 - always use cached version
1 - always check for newer version
0 - check for newer version once per session